About the department
Department of Computer Systems covers the areas of expertise in computer science to meet the professional challenges and adapt to the constantly changing field of scientific and technological developments.. Department of Computer Systems is one of the five departments of NTI, carrying the responsibility of educating future computer specialists.
The purpose of this program is to educate students with emphasis on the creation of appropriate infrastructure, so that they are able to adapt to the constantly changing field of scientific and technological evolution. Also, it develops the skills for responding to the rapid changes in exercise of the profession of Computer Systems. In particular, the undergraduate program in the Department of Computer Systems promotes:
- The development of necessary skills of Computer Systems on the analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance in various professional fields of computer systems.
- The development of the analytical and synthetic capacity of the students to meet the challenges of their specialty.
- The preparation of students for professional careers in industry, IT companies, education, public sector organizations.
- Design, construction, maintenance, and supervision Computer systems operation.
- Management of telecommunication and information systems and systems for processing, storing, retrieving and transmitting information in any form.
- Development and maintenance of software systems with applications in Management.
- Implement training programs in information technology, telecommunication systems and networks.
Studies in the Department of computer systems, cover subjects related to science and technology of Computer Systems (Software – Hardware) and the application techniques of Computer Systems in areas such as communications, industry, etc. In particular, the undergraduate program covers development-design-implementation of software and hardware in management.
Undergraduate Curriculum: Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate of the undergraduate course, after the completion of his studies, may:
- Be able for composition of theoretical and practical knowledge to address business challenges.
- Demonstrate the oral and written communication skills.
- Identify the importance of his work, social, ethical and legal implications that has its exercise.
- Analyze and tackle complex problems as an individual or as a member of a team of scientists.
- Develop code in low- and high-level programming languages.
- Distinguish, compose, produce and maintain the software and hardware of Computer Systems, their peripherals and applications.
- Maintain and upgrade of hardware and software Computing Systems.
- Organize and manage projects of IT systems installation and their applications in management.
- Compose, compile and evaluate studies on the development of information systems.
- Compose existing scientific knowledge for designing, installing, programming, expanding communications systems.
- Have detailed knowledge of the object of study on the software and their applications in various fields such as communications, industry, medicine, education, modern networks, etc.
Graduates from the Department of Computer Systems, have the expertise that can work either independently or in collaboration with other scientists in the study, research and application of technology on modern and specific areas of Computer Systems and especially in the following areas:
- Support integrated systems with the development or maintenance of the hardware and software in a system-level or application.
- Study, design, programming and implementation to adapt peripherals to PC.
- Study, design, programming and development of computer networks.
- Design and implementation of web applications or web environment for any kind of activity such as e-commerce.
- Maintenance and operational management of computer networks and network services.
- Analysis and implementation of systems for digital storage, transmission and processing of information.
- Identify and operate computer based simulation systems.
- Study, design, programming and implementation of expert systems for management.
- Technical support, maintenance of computer systems, network applications and services.